Built in the early 1600’s by Sir Richard Hutton a prominent London lawyer, the house has enjoyed a royal and chequered past. From occupation by Cromwell’s army in 1644, ownership by the Lascelles Family of Harewood in the 1700’s and home to HRH Princess Mary in 1922 the house has a proud heritage. Since 2005 this stalwart of English history is now preserved and protected by the Oglesby family, running a 5* hotel and wedding venue.
The addition of the Orangery replaced the 1980’s link corridor between the Dower House and Hall to beautifully compliment the original buildings with a new dining aspect.
In such a traditional setting all our good ideas and details are hidden from view behind the glazed façade and historic masonry. We look forward to continuing to assist with the renovation and restoration work across the estate at Goldsborough Hall.